Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Unhealthy Relationships

Today as I was washing my car, I found something so disturbing that I almost spoke unkindly to someone. He was outside talking on the phone with his girlfriend and they were arguing. . .fine people are argue all the time. Its normal. The one thing that set my eyes wide and made me look over at him was that they were cussing at each other, to the point were he was yelling. By that time he stepped back inside the house so that his yelling could be muffled. I heard it all. He began calling her a dumb ass and began telling her how worthless she was and how she had no life. I am sure that she reciprocated with hurtful words also. I was so close to knocking on his door and telling him "that is not the proper way to speak to a lady," then leaving. I am still currently compelled to do it. Writing here is the only way to express my disapproval without getting myself in trouble.
I then also pondered my own relationship and thanked God for Christianity and SDA's.
Honestly, what would the world do without it?
Obviously it would be normal to treat your significant other with disrespect.
My mother and grandma would always repeat the same phrase to me when I was younger,
"A person will only respect you as much as you respect yourself" 
Its true. If one does not respect his or herself enough to not let people treat you a certain way, then people are going to disrespect you all the time.
Thank God for giving us morals to work upon and showing us that disrespect is not the way to handle situations.
Kindness all the way!!!
Hopefully I will be able to speak to this person about his actions and maybe inform him about the proper way to converse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment