Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WordPress & Corinthians


Can it be more complicated? I am so Frustrated with trying to make the layout the way I want it to look. I might just stick with blogger! Anyways What I wanted to post on Wordpress was what I read today in the Bible. Its in 1 Corinthians 7.
I found it to be actually really helpful. I like the Idea of not being in a relationship and only focusing on God. It clearly states in this text that staying alone and committed Solely to God can only be done by not being in a relationship. Its odd to think that anyone would not want to be in a relationship but nuns and monks do it!
At times I think I want to be alone and just focus on God. Although I'm not married, being in a relationship still takes away focus from God. It is almost disappointing, but in the Bible verse 8 it observes that some people cannot contain themselves, and those people should marry if they wish.
Expressing love is no sin, it does take focus of God, but some people feel the need for a life long companion. Adam felt that way and God gave him Eve to share everything with. Love is a wonderful thing, it is a gift from God. Life partners are seen well in his eyes, especially those who encourage each other and glorify the Lord. He sees great couples, and great individuals.
Sometimes the individual by him/herself is at best.
Sometimes the individual is best with a companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment