Sunday, August 28, 2011

You just rocked my world

Pre and Post Sermon.

I wasn't planning on writing about my experience giving a sermon, but I decided it would be cool to look back on this. I got to say though, Carrie Underwood is one of my inspirations, her song "change" is GREAT and it helped to to get into that sort of thinking when I was doubting myself and my actions.
Giving a sermon was something that would only play out in my imagination, but to my surprise, it actually came true. Although it was probably the most nerve racking and stressful few moments of my life. . . I think in the end, I felt it was worth it. My youth pastor told me that I wouldn't regret it, and I think him saying that was one of the convincing points for me.
I honestly do not know how I did it. I really believe that I was not up there. That I was not myself and that God just took over and showed me the ropes. An experience that is beyond words. Its crazy, if that helps in describing it. I think that most chilling thing for me was the conversations I had with people after. I felt like I was changed. Got had flipped my world.
I'm still trying to deal with the result of what God did. I feel like my mindset has changed. I honestly thought my mind was done changing (religiously I mean) but I was wrong. Its weird how God can just rock your world like that. I have never in my life ever thought that this would happen to me. I can only pray from here on.
But I do have one thing to say to whoever reads this.

IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU TOO. 
God can step in and rock your world. And when it happens, all you can do is stand there in Awe and watch your life change before your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment