Monday, December 26, 2011

Friends will bring us to the Cross

Today I had the pleasure of encountering someone searching for God. It took me by surprise and I wasn't sure if I was ready for it, but I was immensely pleased with being presented with a random prayer with a good friend.
Prayer, I believe, is very important in daily life, and to have the honor of praying with another was something that brought warmth to my heart. After praying I thought about the effects of prayer and my friendship with others. Then I began to think of going the extra mile.
Yes, prayer is a beautiful thing, but action is also a great thing. perhaps after praying with someone you could take them out for ice cream or go bike riding. Whatever the action is, it will go well appreciated.
My walk with God is definitely a compelling one with action and a love that I must share with others. So when a friend comes to me, I could only hope that I can bring them to the cross.
Not show them what I can do, but the wonders that God can do in ones life.
Become that loving friend that prays
become that loving friend that takes action
become that loving friend that shows support
become that loving friend that brings him/her to the cross

No comments:

Post a Comment